A review of the Melitta Caffeo Bistro Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Maker
The firm Melitta is a common brand in the market of high-end coffee. There are two segments where Melitta mainly focuses its business: the drip coffee makers, espresso machines and high-end automatic. LA: In this second group the model discussed in the analysis of today is part Melitta Caffeo Bistro , a coffee maker that rests on the principle of One Touch Espresso : the touch of a button, you’re in the cup espresso 100% to your taste with the specifications that you have indicated in advance and extracted from freshly ground coffee.
In addition, the Melitta Caffeo Bistro offers a bonus of enjoyment for lovers of lattes, cappuccinos and drinks that require unique coronation of a dense milk foam on top.This coffee does not include a spray to use but best of all milk foamer coffee machines in its range. Something truly exceptional. And this is not what we say, what say magazines and journalists that once the have honored as such. In short, we have a coffee with own status in the ever busy superautomatic express market. Do we accompany you to know it thoroughly?
The Melitta Caffeo Bistro (E960 model) is an automatic espresso coffee machine 15 bar pressure and larger than the compact Melitta Caffeo only . It is a pot of similar but larger and heavier than the previous; therefore it is better able to deposit and some extra features that go shelling along this report.
Their design respects the sober lines and lines that are trademark Melitta. This Caffeo Bistro is a real hub resounding no distractions, with stainless steel shell that gives it an even more robust appearance. The control panel is located in the upper third of the front of the coffee, and consists of a digital (virtually identical to those of other automatic coffee machines Melitta) with the main switch on the right, and a row of buttons screen rotary switches below. The latter are responsible for selecting the operating mode (normal espresso, double espresso, hot water, spray) or customization options coffee (size, temperature, intensity …).
You see, the Melitta Bistro Caffeo panel boasts very use, without great fanfare but practical at the same time. In our view perfectly fulfills the two major requirements we asked the control panels of automatic coffee machine: that is intuitive (often have many options), and will not take too much space (cleanliness and simplicity). Navigation is made easy because all the controls are explanatory drawings or icons.
You can see it very clearly in the following photo:
Moving on, we will discuss below some of the more interesting features found in this Caffeo Melitta Bistro . We begin with the unique feature Bean Select , which is nothing but a split in the compartment where the coffee beans for the integrated mill are stored.In this way we can have two different types of stored grain (eg with different roasts, or even some decaffeinated) and choose the time of preparation which we grind the two compartments. This is ideal if you have several home coffee consumers with different tastes, or if we are fans to take decaffeinated and do not want to renounce the pleasure of it freshly ground. In all, the coffee beans compartment has a capacity of 130 grams, and the selection between the two tanks is effected by a chrome lever.
Furthermore, the additional dispenser for coffee powder allows you to use pre-ground coffee directly (pre-ground typical packaging sold in any supermarket) … so in the end we have a super versatile coffee maker that has up to three different entries coffee.Imagine that you are three at home and everyone likes a different primary coffee-matter. ¿Go chaos, right? As with the Melitta Bistro Caffeo this problem does not exist.You can prepare three consecutive coffees with three different raw materials in the blink of an eye.
Speaking of the Melitta Bistro Caffeo can not ignore the preparation of cappuccinos and lattes. This coffee has been honored by the prestigious German magazine Guter Rat in the category of “best milk frother” in an exhaustive comparison with other superautomatic coffee. And it is that our Melitta Caffeo Bistro has no ordinary skimmer or a simple spray tube for blowing air bubbles into the milk … far from it. What we found in the left side panel of eta coffee is a milk mixer full-blown (you can see the photograph in detail below). The result of using this accessory on milk, as you can guess, it has nothing to do with anything you’ve known before. In a few seconds you can have in your cup or glass foam super creamy milk that will dramatically basis for all mixed drinks you want to prepare. A marvel.
In the section on maintenance , we must emphasize programs Automatic cleaning and decalcification our Melitta Caffeo Bistro has built, and greatly facilitate the task to keep in good condition the heart and arteries of our coffee.
Let’s face it: all users are a tad lazy when it comes to follow the guidelines and recommendations of the manufacturers in this regard … and never hurts a little help in the form of automatism. In addition, the coffee unit (centerpiece, also known as coffee group) can be easily removed from the case, making it easy to rinse. A few seconds under running water enough to leave your coffee as new and ready for the next use … no trace of the previous preparation. Say goodbye this way the annoying traces of scents and tastes of other coffees …
Finally, we also stop at some interesting details Caffeo Melitta Bistro , such as the nozzle height adjustable (up to 13 cms. at its highest point), the various features low power consumption and energy saving (programmable!) service hot water to make tea or hot plate at the top of the coffee … perfect for pre-heating cups and glasses before serving.
Undoubtedly, a coffeemaker super-complete. Let’s look at its technical specifications and its relevant numerical data:
Caffeo Melitta Bistro: main features
- Pump pressure of 15 bars.
- We can determine the intensity of our coffee according to four different levels (from softer to harder).
- The jet nozzle or coffee output has two outputs. Furthermore, we can adjust its height up to 13 centimeters.
- The water tank is removable and has 1.8 liters.
- It includes integrated, capable of storing up to 130 grams bean grinder.
- System exclusive Bean Select : stores up to two different types of grain and grinds you prefer. Perfect to enjoy a freshly brewed decaffeinated, for example.
- Also a separate entrance to use pre-ground coffee (to avoid using the grinder).
- We can customize to your liking the coffee strength (softer, more intense), its temperature and size (longer, shorter).
- Commercial blender to froth milk, on the left side of the coffee.
- The mixer can be disengaged from the coffee to wash themselves in the dishwasher. More hygienic and safer than having to clean the vaporizer hand or integrated into other coffee skimmers.
- Coffee spout with two height-adjustable nozzles. At its maximum height allowed a space of 13 centimeters between the coffee spout and drip tray.
- It lets prepare one or two espressos simultaneously.
- Drip tray and removable metal.
- The brew group is easily removed by the side of the pot.
- The coffee includes several cleaning programs and automatic decalcification.
- Digital LCD display and buttons with explanatory icons.
- Cup warming tray on the top of the brewer.
- Energy saving: the coffee can be programmed at the user to determine when to switch to low-power mode.
- We can provide a service of hot water to make instant tea.
- Weighs about 10 kilos.
- Power: 1400 watts.
- Dimensions: 47 x 27 x 35 centimeters.
Caffeo Melitta Bistro: colors
Unlike what happens with the Melitta Caffeo only , which has a wider range of colors, this Melitta Bistro Caffeo only be marketed in the colors silver and black classic:
To us it seems more elegant silver, but we also offer a complete picture of the Bistro in black color, so you can compare:
Advantages of Melitta Bistro Caffeo
- First of all: the milk super-beater … a sensational instrument that has little to do with the usual vaporizers pipes found in other coffee machines. Besides, the detail to separate it from the pot to put it in the dishwasher is super convenient. We won in cleanliness and longevity section. Please note that normal vaporizers any coffee must be cleaned by hand with water and dry thoroughly (leave traces of milk in a tube which is then going to get into your cup is less hygienic than you can imagine).
- Coffee is very versatile and complete … it has many possibilities of use and does not lack any of the basic options expected in a high end espresso machine.
- We can select the coffee strength by choosing up to 4 levels (from softer to harder) when it is usual to find with only 2 or 3 intensities.
- Robust, solid, high quality finish appearance. A durable enough coffee.
Disadvantages of Melitta Bistro Caffeo
- Double compartment for coffee beans may have a slight drawback: if you have very full, may be remnants of a ground coffee to another, and therefore run the risk of mixing flavors. The mill will grind hard 100% of the grains have been selected for the dose. Also keep in mind that the 130 grams of total tank capacity must divide between the two compartments, which ultimately can only hold 65 grams of coffee each.
- The Melitta Caffeo Bistro is great and especially heavy. Of course, if you are looking for a compact automatic and you have the option of Caffeo only within the same firm Melitta.
Melitta Bistro Caffeo vs Caffeo Solo: differences
We have mentioned several times throughout the analysis to compact predecessor to this Caffeo Bistro (or E960) Melitta: it is the only Caffeo (or E950). So you can better distinguish between Melitta Melitta Caffeo Caffeo Solo and Bistro, we will list in this section its most visible differences:
- Melitta Caffeo only responds to E950 (and higher) while Caffeo Bistro nomenclature corresponds to model E960.
- The only Caffeo is much more compact: 20 cms. wide by 27 of the Caffeo Bistro .
- The compartment Bean Select , exclusive of Caffeo Bistro , which allows two types of different coffee beans stored in the tank.
- The water tank of the Caffeo Bistro is greater: 1.8 liters 1.2 liters of Caffeo only .Naturally, the compact size also has its disadvantages …
- The Caffeo Bistro has milk frother standard, while only Caffeo no. You have to go to the top model Melitta Perfect Milk Caffeo only to find a similar capuccinatore system.
In general, the main thing is that the only Caffeo is a smaller coffee, cheaper, and with fewer benefits than the Caffeo Bistro .
Why buy a Caffeo Melitta Bistro?
You are looking for a high-end coffee machine, able to prepare cappuccinos manually, you do not mind its size, you have a budget around £ 500 … do you see reflected in these premises? Then Caffeo Melitta Bistro is an option that fits within your parameters … do not hesitate. In our opinion, this model Melitta E960 has a slightly more attractive value than other automatic machines of similar level (remember: we are always talking about a range of very high coffee)
We recommend it if you are in your house and several users have very different tastes of coffee. Would you bring forth a great game thanks to this coffee bean Select input and ground coffee. You should also evaluate your purchase if you are fond / yy prepare your own cappuccinos, lattes … and mixed drinks. Milk mixer incorporating Caffeo Melitta Bistro is simply stunning.
As an alternative we can recommend other automatic high-end as the Saeco Incanto , the Delonghi ECAM 23.460 or the Jura Impressa C60 . Any of them will allow you to enjoy cappuccinos in some cases, system automatic- preparation and performance worthy of a premium superautomatic. Of course, it is clear that none of them includes a frothing milk as powerful as our accessory Caffeo Melitta Bistro . And that will be priced slightly higher.
Click here to check Price